A trade union on the move|
Created in 1963, the Syndicat National des Professionels Immobiliers ( SNPI ) www.snpi.fr, is fully involved in the defence of the profession and its members, and in pursuing its action, at all levels, with the Public Authorities and the institutions.
With 7500 members – property agents, property managers and experts – SNPI is present throughout the national territory, in metropolitan France, as well as in the West Indies, Reunion and Guyane.
SNPI is in constant contact with the relevant Ministries for the preparation or amendment of legislation or regulations concerning real estate, and in particular the status of professionals, the status of co-ownership, town and country land planning policy, and the real estate sector. In the same vein, it maintains close relations with a significant number of members of Parliament.
SNPI has a permanent seat in numerous national authorities :
In addition to these national actions, SNPI is active through its members, in numerous institutions at local or provincial level : the Commercial Courts, elected Industrial Tribunals , Provincial Arbitration Committees for commercial leases, Chambers of Commerce, etc….
- National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Real Estate Sector, that regulates relations between employers and employees ;
- National Advisory Committee on Housing which is called upon to give its opinion on a certain number of regulations or to propose amendments for others ;
- It occasionally attends the deliberations of other organisations, including the Agence Nationale pour la Maîtrise de l’Energie, and the Commission Nationale Informatique et Liberté.
For its international relations, SNPI has opted to join the Conseil Européen des Professions Immobilières ( CEPI ) and the Fédération Internationale des Professions Immobilières ( FIABCI ) as well as the European Group Of Valuers Associations ( TEGOVA ).
In constant contact with its members
All professionals who are members of SNPI can count on very high quality services :
A code of conduct
- An efficient legal department provides advice and guidance on important decisions that they have to take on a daily basis.
- A constantly updated legal database available on the professional intranet of SNPI, www.snpi.fr.
- Training and qualifying programmes adapted on an ongoing basis to their needs.
- Frequent local information meetings which are as much friendly gatherings for exchanges.
- A centralised database, thanks to SNPI’ s PROFESSIONAL INTRANET site enables professionals exclusively to share the properties for sale, through the Fichier Français Immobilier des Professionnels ( FFIP ), co-founded by SNPI, CNAB, CENTURY 21 and ORPI.
Several years ago SNPI already adopted a code of conduct and a Charter of ethics for its members, that define the main principles of professional ethics and which govern relations between professionals and their clients beyond the relevant French regulations.
Non-compliance with the regulations and the rules of procedure of SNPI shall in no way be tolerated and shall be subject to sanctions including the expulsion of the defaulting member from SNPI.